Image Credit Skypixel
SkyPixel Competition is back
Its that time of year again for the SkyPixel competition hosted by DJI, this year around the platform is video. This is a chance for keen drone pilots and video producers to share their work with the world and put themselves in the draw for some amazing prizes.
The prizes this year are bigger and better than ever. They include the Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, DJI Spark and the incredible Inspire 2 drone, as well Oakley Sunglasses, Adidas clothing, holidays and Nikon camera gear. The prize amounts range from $1000 all the way up to $15000 for the grand prize, so it is well worth entering.
Want to learn more about SkyPixel? Check out our previous SkyPixel post. You can watch a little promo from this years competition below.
This years competition is split in to 3 categories including Sport, City, and Nature. This guarantees some really good variation in the entries for the competition and opens it up to everyone, regardless of where they are.
- Videos can be entered any time between the 2nd of June 2017 and 2nd of August 2017
- Videos from any aerial device or platform can be submitted
- Entries must be under 5 minutes in total length and consist of clips shorter than 30 seconds
- Entrants can submit unlimited entries into multiple categories
- Each entry can only be submitted to one category
- All footage submitted must be shot and owned by the entrant
Want to enter the competition but need some equipment to get you started? The competition is hosted by DJI, but the competition is not limited to their drones. Check out or Drone Directory and Drone Deals pages to find the right tools for the job. If you are already set then what are you waiting for? Get out shooting and submit your entries here.
Although this years competition is video, you can get some inspiration from the Instagram #SkyPixel feed or this year’s entries. They are full of breathtaking and unique imagery to get your creative juices flowing!
Leave A Comment